Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 120

Thread: Should Mega keep his avatar?

  1. #61
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    One other note: That game with us and Burton in the regional finals was actually played in '90 rather than '89. Burton beat Garden and Ervinton to make it to the finals while we had to beat Thomas Walker and Kelly...it was really a great year for H.S. basketball with all the star power...arguably the most talent of any region D basketball tourny in history.

  2. #62
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    yeah buddy, thats him, #21. Hes a hacker for sure [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

    wow thats pretty impressive that you had that kinda scoring, I think adkins and campbell did that at burton, but those teams werent nearly as good as the haysi teams. I was on the burton team with those guys and even I will admit that. You were right about Bevins laying the ball in the wrong basket too. Funny thing is, I was playing pnut bball at the time and his little brother did the same thing that week. Ervington was pretty tough, that was Silvers team. Garden was always going to push the ball up the court, they were exciting to watch but they played burton's style of basketball so that worked out for us. I remember when you guys beat Kelly too, that was beautiful. Every raider fan was a tiger fan that night [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] We had a pretty good fan base show up to watch you guys play james river too, we liked haysi alot even though we were still in the race. Shoot me a pm and tell me your name so I can ask my brother about you. Im sure he will remember you. He was talking about a fella from Grundy the other night that he knew that went on to play at Emory around that time. He was telling me the story about how the guy had to shoot free throws in the clutch against burton and he had hearing aids in both ears. The crowd was so loud he had to take his hearing aids out because he was getting a headache. Cool story.

  3. #63
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    I'll say this. I personally don't have a problem with Mega's avatar, but likewise, I don't see a need for it. It's not so much that isn't something you cant see on tv (as was said) but heck the GGW commercials only air late nights not all hours of the day, so technically there is even a limit on them.

    What is the problem is maturity, and while Mega's might not be the end all of the world, and most people on here are mature enough to handle *gasp* the sight of 2 girls kissing, there is the next person who says oh then "this" is ok, and goes a step further.

    Look I'm easy going on things, if someone slips up and gets mad, I'm not going to boot you off forever like some boards do and have done.

    Its about respect, something that not many have on here. Hey if Mega posts a picture of some girl as an attachment, thats one thing (within reason of course), and sort of warns people, they have to click to see, its their choice. You're not forcing someone to see it, it doesn't take away from the board. If you have that as an avatar, someone has to turn off images (if their browser supports that), and that is kind of a part of the board, people using it to show support for a team, a show, etc.

    I'm seriously debating turning off the images/avatars. It hadn't really been a problem, but like most things, you give an inch, and it seems that some take a foot.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  4. #64
    Inactive Member Lb_Balla33's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,098
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    imo you shouldnt take down the avatars, personally i like lookin at the them some of them are pretty funny.. everyone on here has the choice to turn them off and i think if they dont like them then they should do that option. no need in takin them down for everyone just because there is a few that dont like some of the avatars on here
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v29/TheGreatOne/221_2127.jpg[/img]

  5. #65
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    Yeah--taking avatars away altogether would be punishing the majority to appease a minority. Very ACLU-ish...I'm sure the conservative portion of the board would take issue with that kind of action... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  6. #66
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    LOL yeah thats funny about Bevins' brother...what are the odds of that?

    Ervinton was good thats true...not only with Silvers they also had Dixon and big Keith Counts. They were 21-3 that year losing only to Burton in the regional and to Haysi twice in the regular season. Garden was tough too...they beat us two of the 3 times we played them that year with guys like the Deskins brothers and Mark Belcher on that team...Thomas Walker had the big 6'8 guy that was so tough to stop...think his name was Collins. Kelly had Jared Bentley, Bill Bevins, Simmons and the left handed kid that shot all the 3's but I can't remember his name. Just a great year that year in the regionals.

    We hung around with the Burton guys all week up in Charlottesville and I can remember sneaking out of the hotel and going over to the Hampton Inn with Vidal Ellis and Vincent Price. We were definitely pulling for Burton too and everyone was excited when they beat Bland. James River(the Knights) gave us a pretty good whipping but those guys were tough with Maurice Davenport and "Sir George Dunkalot" as he was known.

    The guy he was talking about from Grundy was Cary Perkins...I remember him well because we had Grundy on our regular season schedule. I think Cary got in some trouble a few years back while teaching at a H.S. so I don't know where he is now.

    By the way I'm Hackney

  7. #67
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    I like looking at them too, but should people who may look at it in a work environment or at home with kids or in a library or something be punished and not have to look at anybodys because one or two go to a level that isnt really comfortable?

    I mean should someone not see a nice Gate City image or Pound or whomever because they have to block them all due to some pushing what is 'decent'

    There are multiple sides and ways to look at it.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  8. #68
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    I'm on here at work all the time now. I was before my firewall issues at work were fixed so I could post on here regularly. I don't mind a bit to see what there is to see unless there's a bunch of nudity or overly graphic sexual imagery. I don't believe that mega's avatar or others are over the top when it comes to the work setting...I've had much worse forwarded to me by my boss... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  9. #69
    Inactive Member Lb_Balla33's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,098
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    this site isnt for little kids tho.. the people who post regulary know whats on here and if they think there kids shouldnt see it then they shouldnt have there kids at the computer.
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v29/TheGreatOne/221_2127.jpg[/img]

  10. #70
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Should Mega keep his avatar?

    I honestly see both sides of it...glad I'm not the one who has to make the call.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •